Monday, October 17, 2011

Be the Excellence You Want to See


“We must become the change we want to see.”  Mahatma Gandhi


Gandhi's quote, above, reminds us that if we want to see change in the world, that we need to demonstrate or be an example of the change we want to experience.  If we wish to get more love, we need to give more love.  If we wish to see more prosperity, we need to promote prosperity.  

In the same way, if we wish to experience excellence in the world around us, we need to demonstrate and promote excellence in our own lives.  In my own life, there are areas that are more excellent and areas that are less excellent.   My desk is a case in point.  One of the joys of a messy desk is all the great discoveries I make!   There are many areas in my life where I have an ongoing excellence journey.  Some areas in life are just more excellent than others.  That means I can have different excellence targets for different aspects of my excellence agenda.  It gives me the freedom to accept that there are areas of growth and development, and areas of high functionality.

As you start this week, what are the areas where you have natural excellence?  How will you share that with the world?  Are there areas of clean-ups where you can continue to demonstrate a willingness to promote excellence, at a lower target level?  What is your excellence agenda for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are reviewed prior to posting - this will be done shortly.